Wednesday, June 13, 2012

organized: no closet?!

Reader Question:

Olivia! I love all your organizational skills & posts. We are moving to a much larger house but the whole place has only one large closet which in a little sitting area not any of the bedrooms. How would you organize closet-less bedrooms?


Thanks all for your questions, keep them coming!! I love answering them!

Closet-less bedroom!! Why would anyone build such a thing! :) 

Some tips/ideas for you my friend:

1. Pair down your clothes: this is a great opportunity to look at the clothes you own and make sure you you ask your self the following questions with each one: 1. do I love this? 2. do I wear this? (in the last 6 months, season depending) 3. am I drawn to it when I'm getting dressed in the morning . If you answer "no" to any of these questions, it's got to go! Even if you spend money on it and barely wore it or if you got it as a gift, get rid of it!! You'll feel great!

1a. Store away in an attic or bins not in your bedroom your out of season clothes, if it's summer, you don't need sweaters taking up "closet" space!

2. Decide what NEEDS to be hung up and what can be folded to fit in a dresser. This will help you see what you are working with and what size of something you may need to purchase

3. If this is a space you see staying for a long time, invest in an armoire (#2 can help you decide this as well as what size to get)




4. Create your own closet: 



5. Utilize under the bed: Once dressers &  armoire are full and you need more space, under the bed is a great option for sweaters, scarves, pants or out of season items
Source: bhg.com via Luisa on Pinterest



6. Utilize Baskets, Trunks and Ottomons to double as decor: This is a great solution for any part of the home! If you can find a great piece of furniture that you love that also holds storage, its a bonus!



Anyone else have other tips for our friend with no closet in her bedroom??

3 comments:

  1. I love organization. If there were such an occupation that involved going to someone's house and organizing one room at a time, I would be a pro. Fewer things make me happier than seeing a perfectly organized space. I've heard rumors of this place called "The container store". Luckily for my husband there isn't one close by..I would spend so much money there! Great suggestions for the closet-less room. I agree with getting rid of excess and focus on finding space for the staples of your wardrobe. Remember, accessories truly make the outfit and an added bonus, they take up less space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally inspired. Adore this post, love. If you get a sec, I just posted pictures from my wedding ceremony. Eeek. Love to hear what you think. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the armoire (that wide) is so great! thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails