a friend asked me the other day for some ideas for bridal shower gifts that are not from the registry.
1. Holiday Theme- my mom actually gave me this idea, along with a family friend who gave us this as a wedding gift: get your bride a package with holiday decor in it! Getting married young, i didn't have many items of my own to decorate for the holidays or ornaments for our Christmas tree. It was great to have a few things to start me off so I wasn't tempted to do a little shopping spree at target when each holiday came around. You could pick a holiday or do a mix of a few different ones, create a package for Christmas wrap- scissors, tape, bags, tags, wrapping paper.
2. Return Address Stamp for their new home together!
3. Stationery Items: Everybody needs in their home extra cards for birthdays, envelopes, stamps, and an address book. Put together a fun kit of these items for them to start out with!
5. Magazine Subscription- Martha Stewart, Real Simple, House Beautiful, Portland Monthly (or your respective city)
6. Date Night Ideas- click on the picture twice to follow to the ideas!
7. Picnic Basket- pack it with a blanket, bottle of wine, plastic wine glasses, plastic plates & silverware and any food items you can think of that are non-perishable
8. Marriage Books- some of my favorites are found here, here, here & here
9. Meal on the Honeymoon- Call ahead to the place where the couple is honeymooning and pre pay for a bottle of wine, room service or a meal at one of the restaurant at the resort or in town somewhere
10. Registry Item +
WIne glasses + a bottle of wine
coffee mugs + coffee
Cupcake tins + paper for the cupcakes