Thursday, September 15, 2011

why is it so hard to trust?

I was with a fellowship group the other night. We were sharing scripture that had been influential in our week or summer or life and it's significance to us. As I listened to hearts being vulnerable I heard a common phrase. It is a phrase that I have said many times and heard throughout my Christian walk by many peers. I heard it in a new way and it irked something inside of me.

"I struggle trusting the Lord..."

Source: None via Olivia on Pinterest


I started thinking about Jesus sitting in the circle in my backyard with us and how he felt as he listened to his best friends, his sons and daughters share that the struggled with trusting in Him. How hurt would you be if you heard all of the people you love tell you that? You'd wonder what you had done wrong to not gain their trust, you'd wonder what it is about you and your personality and how you treat them that would make them feel that way.

The thing about Jesus is that He has never done anything to make us not trust Him. He has been nothing but majestic. His love is the ONLY love. Unconditional without fault and the only love that can truly be unconditional. He is there for us when we need Him and catches us when we fall. WHY would we not trust Him?

5 comments:

  1. Amen sista! Thanks for posting this today, really encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why your friends would say that, though. They are confusing things that have happened with His work. They may blame Him for bad things that go wrong in life. It is hard to remember that He is always there for us when you are surrounded in pain and suffering. I pray that you will be able to help them see the difference:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I have a hard time trusting as well. But if we have faith in our life, it can see us through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post because it is so true! Why wouldn't we trust Jesus? He is the only one that would not hurt and want the best for us. I hope people can learn to trust him and read your post! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your blog, and this post was what i needed to read. i love Jesus dearly, but i've been struggling with my own doubts and insecurities with trusting Him. i've never thought about it before in the way you wrote it. thanks for sharing and being honest. i always am drawn towards bloggers' writings that are candid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails