Wednesday, January 26, 2011

in need..

of a bit of a wardrobe update.
I decided that I want to dress more sophisticated...
I am so lazy with my outfits most of the day, and honestly desire to be in my sweats all the time.
I've been known to dress for comfort most of my life but that doesn't mean I still can't dress cute..
looking to be inspired a little bit, I found a few of these looks that I like:




in an effort to start, I bought yesterday at Target
2 pairs of tights (black and blue)
2 fun rings
and these 2 pairs of shoes:
here


and here
excited to start playing a little bit of dress up! 

What do you feel like your style is? 
Do you have fun with your clothes or does it seem like more of a burden to dress up?
any tips on still being comfortable while dressing up a little bit more??

10 comments:

  1. I am in the exact same place you are! I have to dress nice for work everyday but as soon as I get home I put my sweats on! Even my dressing up for work is getting boring. For sure need to change something.

    Love the shoes you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these looks!!! The nude ones are great! I love to spice up my outfits with heels...I love wearing jeans a nice blouse and heels. Still comfy and lookin' good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone should own nude shoes! I am still on the hunt for my perfect pair. i love yours! good luck your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the exact same way. In fact, my mom said to me the last time I was home visiting, "You need to update your look." I feel like it's such a chore to get dressed up. I like my outfits to be as simple as possible. Layering drives me crazy. Sounds like you got a good start on your quest to dress sophistocated :) I think I need to follow your example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those heels!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that navy blue polkadot dress! i really love to dress up. i think i feel more motivated and better about myself when i am. i personally find sweater tights + a loose fitting cotton dress super comfy.. maybe not quite as comfy as sweatpants but much comfier than jeans! i always stick with comfy shoes too, i cannot do heels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she looks so chic here! Those heels are amazing!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes! I hear ya. I feel like I need to pare down my wardrobe to be only things I love - and in the process discover what my true style is. What I really feel great in, ya know? Some of my journey is over here on The Style Files at Living Graciously: http://living-graciously-style.blogspot.com/

    I look forward to this journey together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man YEs YES YES!!!!
    i totally agree.
    and you inspired me, much to mr leif's dismay, that i must go shopping.
    eeeek!

    i LOVE the shoes you found at target.

    you've got some cute style my dear :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails