Wednesday, January 19, 2011

blogiversary

one year ago I started this blog as a cry for help.
I was so super miserable in my job where I sat at a computer doing nothing all day
I started this blog just For Me so that I would have a place to be creative

I chose the blog title For Me as a reminder to myself; to be motivated by me and me alone. A lesson that the Lord has etched into my heart this past year has been all about Him being the true source of guidance, answers and truth, instead of seeking to win approval from everyone else, I practiced how to only hear HIS voice and no one else's.

We can spend so much time as humans, and women, comparing ourselves to everyone else, or confusing the decisions we need to make with the answers they are coming up with instead of what the Holy Spirit is speaking to us-- about what church to go to, where to live, what to spend money on, when to have kids etc. Although I have a wonderful husband, friends and family, they do not know what is best for me, The Lord does. January 16th's devotion in My Utmost for His Highest says this:
"The call is the expression of the nature of the One who calls, and we can only recognize the call if that same nature is in us. The call of God is the expression of God’s nature, not ours. God providentially weaves the threads of His call through our lives, and only we can distinguish them. It is the threading of God’s voice directly to us over a certain concern, and it is useless to seek another person’s opinion of it. Our dealings over the call of God should be kept exclusively between ourselves and Him."
I use this blog as a reminder to live this way. It's For Me and for Him to decide together.
I feel like this year I really gave up that control, let Him lead me and I am so excited where He is taking me.

and {although} I blogged For Me,
I have found some wonderful friends, been inspired like MAJOR and had SO much fun!!!
I can't wait to continue!
THANK you for reading, THANK you for inspiring me and THANK you for your frienships!!!


Here are some of my favorite posts from the last year:

encouragement of your stories
my built-ins that I love
my life's seasons in scripture
complete desperation
love is here, love is now
beginning of forever
impassable
loving lots of white
alive & thirsty

13 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary!!! Mine is Friday! So happy to have "met" you sweet friend! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy blogiversary :) so glad you started blogging! what a beautiful reflection. so cool what God has been teaching you :) i have really been starting to seek God more for guidance lately & i'm really excited about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I recently celebrated one year of blogging, too. It's such a nice outlet, isn't it?

    I am a new follower of yours, and am really enjoying your blog thus far!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what you mean about a 'cry of a desperation' - and I'm so glad you turned that into something positive to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting Happy Blogaversary! :) Such a lovely blog you have! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! I love reading your blog and My Utmost for His Highest is my favorite! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recently started following your blog and really enjoy it. I appreciate your ability to freely write and express the love you have for the Savior. I hope you will continue to inspire and be inspired in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogiversary friend! So thankful to have been paired with you in the Cold Hands, Warm Hearts project so that I could be introduced to your inspirational blog. I wish you many years of blogging happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so great. I love that this has been your creative outlet and thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy blogiversary lovely girl! isn't it so crazy where a blog can take us and the relationships it can help us build? so glad you're a part of the blogging world - you're a lovely ray of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yayayayayay!!!! haapy anni!!!!!
    so glad you're blogging, it's so fun seeing how our awesoe God is working through you to inspire others. great things are in store for you - the lord is your strong tower :) love you sweet blogfriend!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails