Friday, December 17, 2010

thank you

Friends, thank you so much for your supportive and encouraging comments yesterday. Each one meant so much to me.

the exciting part to me about my next chapter is that I don't have a super set plan.
God has been teaching me so much about giving up control and fully trusting in Him (Luke 9:23)
I know HE can do my life way better than I can, it's just time to finally live that way.



what i hope my next chapter looks like:

doing something I love everyday
feeling healthy
spending lots of time with the Lord each day
getting to spend more time leading Young Life with the Freshman girls
getting to walk life with my Young Life girls who are away at college
home organizing
small event organizing
working for myself
working out of my home
being a good wife, cooking meals, keeping our house clean
focusing on healing my body which will require lots of foods being taken out of my diet :(

NOW: for a little Fill in the Blank Friday with Lauren



1.   Giving is       not as much fun when you feel obligated to. in the future, i want to do a better job of shopping for Christmas all year round :) i want to be sure i am giving something of meaning

2.  Receiving is   sometimes awkward. i always feel soooo appreciative of ever receiving anything and i really want my friends and family to know how much it means to me

3.  The best gift I ever received was   stuff for my American Girl Doll

4.  The best gift I ever gave was   ... ooo i have no idea...

5.  Something intangible that I wish I could receive is      ....wow. ummm... a great singing voice??

6.  Something intangible that I wish I could give is     the understanding of who Christ is and the love He has for us all and how to have a relationship with Him

7.  The one gift I always wanted as a child, but never got was       i'm sure that there were little things here and there but nothing that i still remember to this day. my parents were really good on not spoiling us and it really helped me

8 comments:

  1. I'm always blown away by how God takes care of us. in ways we never though imagine, and it's always waaaay better than I ever planned out myself.

    I'm excited for this next chapter in your life and happy to know you trust Him!

    I always love this quote by amy carmichael - "It is a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desires which He creates"

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia! Just read your last post. I am so happy to hear your excitement (and sounds like some relief as well) about leaving your old job and the prospects of the next chapter in your life. That is truly wonderful and finding peace in God's plan and trusting it wholeheartedly is so beautiful. I Love that.

    Good luck! And God bless :)

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your next chapter is everything you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wishing you all on your list and more! tons of health and happiness your way. merry weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new chapter is our lives is always exciting, a little nerve wrecking, and sometimes a little scary. But just remember God always has a plan.. and everything will work out just perfectly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog and I adore it! No worries about no plans...God will take care of that..and just when you think you have a plan...He will change it anyway! That is what makes following him so crazy...but good crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi olivia :)
    i'm trying to get caught up with the blog world, and WOWZA sweet dear, this post spoke straight to my heart and my own desires :)

    i am so proud ofhow you are being so intentional about the next chapter of your life.... your goals for yourself are amazing and i know the lord willbless you through them :)

    loves sweet dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Olivia,

    I'm a new follower to your blog; I can't remember where I linked over from, but I'm so happy to find your little space here on the web; your blog is inspiring! I really admire your faith and ability to write so freely about it here.

    I am happy to be reading along and look forward to learning more about you as you embark on the next chapter of your life!

    It's nice to meet you!

    Aloha,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails