Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The rock I'm rockin, I bought it

this is not truth:











It's true that we need to find our identity and happiness in something specific. Some find it in men, some find it in a career, how much money they have or how talented they are at a certain thing. These things are fleeting. They will warp us to become someone else, that person, or that career and base our entire life around what other people think of us. The idea to be independent from this is a great concept. There is, however, one true thing we can find our identity in, and that is in a relationship with Jesus. The only thing that will last forever, never fail us, never make our identity be anything different than what we were created to be from the age of a child. I don't want to learn to be independent if it means being detattached from my creator. Do you want to be who you were created to be? I sure do.

"All you women, who independent throw your hands up at me"  -the anthem taught of women to our generation. Do I desire to be independent? Sure. Do I think there is a lot of good that comes from independence? Sure. But what that anthem has done for me, is made it such a struggle to be the disciple of Christ I desire to be and the wife to my husband I desire to be.

Christ calls us to be 100% dependent on Him. When our whole lives we have been taught to only rely on ourselves and be independent, this concept is SO much harder to grasp. I think that is a lot of the reason for this, when I wrote about trusting Him and the universal problem that it is. We have been taught to trust no one, for no one is trustworthy and will take care of us properly. This is mostly true, but what is left out is that we have a God who loves us, has our best interest at heart and will never leave or forsake us.

Let us learn to depend on ONE thing, not nothing, for our happiness: the Love of God.

Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."

1 comment:

  1. Great post girl, I totally agree! Society makes it seems like you have to chose between being a smart, capable women or otherwise you're some wilting flower who lets her husband control her life, having faith somehow makes you unintelligent, and the idea of obedience to either God or your husband is such an offensive concept...Glad to know that there are other people out there that realize you can love the Lord, be a godly wife AND still be a secure, confident woman to boot! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails