Friday, November 16, 2012

sitting at the adult table

Brian and I are hosting our first Thanksgiving this year now that we have a house big enough for everyone! Thank goodness for parents who help us out.  Brian and I are blessed that our families do Thanksgiving all together, including his sister's in-laws as well! My mom helped me organize all of the prep so we created a timeline:

3 weeks before// invite everyone and has them to RSVP
2.5 weeks before// gather RSVPs & inspiration
2 weeks before// create menu and share with everyone what they can bring
1.5 weeks before// grocery shop for what you can
1 weeks before// set table
week of// clean house & shop for & prepare everything else

Have you hosted Thanksgiving at your house yet? Any tips?











5 comments:

  1. that is so nice that both of your families celebrate together! We have been trying to do that for years but there always seems to be something... Good luck on hosting your first Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't WAIT to be able to do this with my family! I was just thinking this morning that my goal, now that I'm back in Oregon for the first time since High School, is to be able to host it next year. Good luck! I'm sure, knowing you, it will be absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely celebration and dinner it will be! Thanks for including my little turkey day table in your post too:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have it all under control. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I really that pine cone idea! Super cute. I'll have to try that next year.

    XX Brytani Sierra

    Jewelry Store: Hate’er Jewelry
    My Blog: The Hated Jewel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails