Friday, January 29, 2010

I go backkk....


"I go back to a two toned short bed Chevy
Drivin my first love out to the levvy
Livin life with no sense of time
And I go back to the feel of a fifty yard line
A blanket, a girl, some raspberry wine
Wishin time would stop right in its tracks
Everytime I hear that song, I go back"



Every time I hear that song I go back to sitting on the old club room "bleachers" after we've worked our tails off to the point of our legs feeling as if they were about to fall off. Feeling so dead tired with the most energy we've had in our lives. We would juice punch out our favorite juice on tap into our white cups and wait to say the lines and sing along to the program and their songs. All sitting in a row like the most behaved group of 2nd graders, kicking our feet back and forth hitting the bleacher backs made of carpet. Every time I hear that song, I go back. I go back to that feeling that I will never forget. The best family you've ever had for the shortest amount of time. Remembering back to day 1 and not understanding how our hearts weren't already on the same beat. I never knew you could know someone so well. I never knew you could be so happy everyday. I never knew you could leave your life behind and not miss it for one second. I never knew you could laugh so hard at a "Brent-Dawg" story. I never knew until the summer of 2005 on Work Crew 2nd Session at Wildhorse Canyon (at the time). Thank you Brent Cunningham and the Freedom Coups and the awesome friends of mine in the D-Hall to make those 3 weeks the best of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails