Monday, October 10, 2011

new series: dwell

I've been so inspired by the blogging community. So much truth, creativity, growth, joy. I've decided to start a new series called dwell featuring inspiration by other bloggers in their faith by having them share a verse and how God is using it in their life right now. I have always been captivated by the word dwell. It gives me this image of resting in His love and staying there, dwelling in truth and peace. Enjoy, for the next few weeks or months or however long, some insight from your blogging friends :)

ps if you would like to contribute, I would love to have you, please email me at oliviakcarter@gmail.com 




 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” -- Matthew 11:28-30

This verse has been one I've been resting in since the summer. I've been saying this to myself everyday since then: "my burden is LIGHT" : life should not feel hard... The burden that the Lord is going to give me is light, not heavy or stressful. If I am truly taking my direction from Him it will be all things from Him that I carry, so all things should be light! This is such comfort to me. Now every time I am doing something that seems heavy, I ask myself, who am I doing this task for? If it's not for the Lord, then I need to switch how I'm doing it or not do it at all.

 The first part of the verse is also so comforting, all he asks of us is to come. "Come and surrender it all, give me your crap and I will take it upon myself". The hard piece in that is giving up the control, which is something I struggle with. When I logically think about it I just wonder WHY it's so hard. It should be easy, someone is willing and asking to take from me the stress of my life, I should want to give it over to Him willingly. This, I am working on every day and am SO thankful for this promise that I am given.

What are your thoughts on this verse? How is it speaking to you today?

6 comments:

  1. I love this verse too. It makes me feel peaceful when everything else is stressing me out, remembering that God wants to take my burden from me and put it on His shoulders instead. I also love the verse, "cast your anxieties on Him because He cares for you." what a precious and comforting thought, that the Lord cares enough about me to take my anxieties and cares.

    Thank you for sharing and I'm looking forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea. What a great way to inspire others and their spiritual growth. Your openness about your faith on your blog is inspiring, and brings me so much joy! Way to let Jesus shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to LOVE this series. Thanks for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olivia!
    I knew I have seen you before! on your lovely blog. So inspiring. Love reading the scriptures you post. This one in particular means a lot to me too, a wonderful reminder that in all circumstances and challenges that we face we can always dwell on the Lord. He brings peace in our hearts. And we can count on him!
    It was nice to have finally met you face to face! Your so beautiful and I hope we meet again soon!
    Blessings!

    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm. good verse for me today :) actually for this week......my life...... hard to give up control, you are so right!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails