Monday, October 31, 2011

dwell: Tamara of a.toodle.lee.do


"Guard your heart more than anything else because the source of life flows through it. "
                   --Proverbs 4:23 

 Hi, I'm Tamara from a.toodle.lee.do 

 I'm so happy to be apart of the Dwell series. Lately, I've been wondering if life ever will slow down. And with the holidays around the corner, I have a feeling that nothing will be slowing down. Many times when life is speeding by, it's easy for me to forget to care for the matters of my heart.

 This scripture has always spoken volumes to me. 'Guard your heart MORE than anything' meaning let's put heart matters first. Many times this means for me to make sure I'm reading the Bible. It also plays a part of creativity, friendship, marriage, mood swings, etc… From your heart everything flows like the verse explains.

 Whenever I'm feeling anxious, jealous, impatient, angry, lazy.. ..you name it, I always refer back to my heart. Why do I feel like this? What is my heart craving? Why is my heart so ugly? It points back to not caring for my own heart. Practically, it could be that I'm not sleeping enough or I'm not being thankful for what I am already blessed with.

 I'm encouraged by this scripture because I know my heart is to seek first God, to care for my husband and home, and to be joyful for others. When I'm caring for my heart than what comes out is love. It's such a beautiful thing.



 My God help us careful examine our hearts so that love is continuously flowing.

4 comments:

  1. Such great encouragement. Thanks Tamara. I love that God cares for each of our hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is such a great reminder to truly guard our hearts!! Thank you for an inspiring post! I love this verse!

    ~Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails