Wednesday, June 2, 2010

stick to your own

How about you listen to the Holy Spirit in you and I'll do the same, and we'll all be just fine
- Marilyn Petermeyer

As followers of Christ we fight each day against this world. We feel out of place in it, we do things that don't make sense. This is expected, scripture talks about it and talks about it being a great thing. Jesus felt out of place and was because He lived a diferent live. As we try had to live these lives as well, and strive to live like Jesus did, it's only natural that we would feel the same emotions that He felt.
What is a huge bummer is when we, as Christians, treat each other in this same way. We think we know what is the appropriate time to get married, buy a house, have kids, spend money or even little things like what TV shows are appropriate to watch. We then use that as a truth and standard for everyone else. This is SO not our place. If we truly trusted in our God and believed He is who He says He is we would see that he has an individual plan for each of His children. He does not have a formula or plan for how he wants ALL of his followers lived to look. Yes there are common things that are the same but it's going to look just a little different for each person, couple or family. This frustrates me in other people and it frustrates me in myself.

I want to be trusting enough that my friend, family, peer, sister/brother in Christ is seeking out what the Lord wants for their life, and I'll do the same with mine. I want to trust Christ IN them. We can't put everything we've felt God say to us about our own hearts and lives onto other people.

Thanks Marilyn for sticking this in my head for the last few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Olivia! Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I have been feeling ALL year. I'm glad you feel the same way, sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails