Thursday, February 11, 2010

today I had a thought..

What are you supposed to do when the best friends you've ever had were when you were in high school? Unlike most people, my best friends from high school ARE my best friends. I look back and have nothing but warm, fond memories. Everyone says that you never stay close with your friends that you grew up with, that those relationships fade and that you make new friends. We were not a part of that statistic and I am proud to say so. The hard part is, when you know the best, everything seems so much less everywhere else you go.

We don't all live in the same state and we didn't go to college together and most of us are married now with our own lives but these women are still my best friends. Growing up with them was a privilege. To change and mold and go through hard times, I had the best people surrounding me at all times. I hope and pray that 30 years from now these women will still hold this special place in my heart. Even if we don't see each other for months at a time that we can still speak truth into each others lives and sit and talk for hours on a kitchen floor. One of the most special things about growing up with these ladies was I have gained so many wonderful moms and families that are now so close to my heart as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails