Tuesday, May 11, 2010

alive+thirsty

I can't get over it. I just love Solid Rock so much. I love that I get to be a part of community of believers who chooses Jesus first. We are not about religion, God did not create religion. We are about following the teachings of Jesus and reading the Scriptures.

Mike Erre spoke at church this past Sunday. I think that Mike is so great. I love a pastor who is real, who is on the same level as those he is teaching to. It was one of those messages that I feel like I need to listen to a few more times for it to really sink in. I was blown away leaving there on Sunday. I wanted to spend the whole rest of the day with my bible and journal soaking in what I had just heard.

I am learning how important Hebrew is as well as historical context in order to fully understand what is going on in the Scriptures. Verses or passages that I have read many times before suddenly have an entirely new meaning when we dig deeper.


I highly recommend that you listen to the sermon- it is eye-opening and I would argue life changing. Let us live a life where we are alive and thirsty for Christ. Where we seek Him in our hardships, where we draw near to Him, cling to Him for He is all that we need. Let us live like we truly believe this, wholeheartedly.

I may need to add: Alive and Thirsty to this.

1 comment:

  1. Very powerful message, Olivia! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails