Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3 years ago today

was one of the most incredible days of my life. Brian and I had been "hanging out" since January of that year. He was courting me and it was fabulous. Each time we talked or saw each other our feelings grew and grew as we got to know each others hearts better. We had been friends for about 4 years but didn't know each other on a deeper level. It was perfect. We were both committing it to prayer and surrendering our feelings and waiting for God's timing in it-- but we never talked about it. That was the sweetest. I wasn't worried or caught up in wondering if he liked me or wondering if he wanted to date me, I was SO content in the Lord during that time in my life, especially with the idea of Brian and a relationship.

on April 20th, 2007 I was visiting him in Salem, where he was living at the time, and we, on a whim, decided to drive to Pacific City (which is my favorite place). It was 80 degrees that day. No wind at the beach. Sun shining SO bright and warm. We had the best time on the way there, playing games, having fun, holding hands driving in his old jeep. We explored and talked and giggled and had the best day ever. We kissed for the first time with the most incredible view ever (below- as best as a camera can capture it/this is not from the same day/that is my sister in the pic) and haven't stopped kissing since.

This day will forever be in my memory. I love to relive it and talk about the little details. It bring my heart back to such a sweet and special place. I am grateful that we had both been wholeheartedly seeking the Lord in this and it was entirely ordained by Him. I am so grateful to have a God who wants the very very best for me- because let me tell you that His way IS the very best :)

7 comments:

  1. what a beautiful story! it is so clear that God ordained your marriage.. it is not always easy waiting oh Him.. but He blesses tremendously when you do! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't love stories the best?? And isn't cool that you have something to tell your kids someday about how you met?? Keep posts like this coming! They are so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post! I really enjoyed reading the beginning of your love story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sweet. isn't it awesome how God has such perfect timing and finds ways to bless us when we are totally and completely content in him? thank you for sharing this. beautiful story :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this made me get tears right now. That's so wonderful. I'm so happy for you (and him).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually have gotten tears about you guys before -not sure when it was. But, it's happened. I'm just so happy for your happiness, or anyone's happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails