Friday, May 7, 2010

filling in friday blanks


1. My favorite book growing up was: Box Car Children, Sweet Valley High, Babysitters Club, American Girl books?


2. The funniest book I've ever read was probably: Hm.... not sure...
3. The one book that has truly changed my life is: like Lauren I would say The Bible but if I can't chose that one I would say Captivating. I think about the woman that I was before I read that book and the woman I became through working through it and it's incredible. It truly changed who I am, how I think about myself etc. Also after I read Captivating I read Waking the Dead and it did something similar. I guss John Eldridge really speaks to me?

4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read The Pact. oh man.

5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet - hmm.. I would love to meet Erwin McManus, sit down and have a conversation with him or Beth Moore?

6. The next book on my "to read" list is: Well I just bought Chasing Daylight by Erwin McManus at Powell's yesterday so I'm thinking that's next for me! I also started "Eat, Love, Pray" but that is an off/on book for me.

7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring I'm thinking Harry Potter 5,6 & 7. I'm part of the way through 5 right now. It's taken me like 6 years with 5-- I really want to read and finish them, LOOOVE HARRY.

 
Play along!! Link up on Lauren's page and see other's answers!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey I just bought Chasing Daylight also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Totally read all the American Girl Books. hah. And I would LOVe to visit with Beth Moore. If you ever read eat, love and pray - let me know how it is? Love the image of the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the Box Car Children! Those books were the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading Sweet Valley High and America Girls. Two totally different types of stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think every girl read Sweet Valley High, lol. I think I still have some of them in my closet somewhere. I'd heard about 'the pact' but never really gave it a chance. I just read up on it & wow it totally sounds like tear jerker.

    Stopping by from Lauren's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read The Shack by Wm. Paul Young? I read it after reading Captivating and all I can say is that I'm a better follower because of the books the perspectives that they both give are life altering...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails