Tuesday, May 25, 2010

don't waste a day

{via under lock and key}

Today I would like to be laying in this field of lavender. It's been a rough couple days. A high school girl that I am friends with and was in my campaigners group through Young Life passed away from a terminal illness on Sunday. We all knew that it would happen at some point-- just not before she got to graduate from High School or go to Santa Clara for college.

I can't stop thinking about how life is so precious. Each day is such a gift from the Lord. Why waste it? Why waste a day fighting, not getting counseling, not making up with a friend, not turning and running with all we have toward the Lord? Why waste any second? I complain about the silliest things, I get timid and shy, I get lazy and want to stay at home. What am I missing out on by acting this way?

I am ready to be thankful for each day
I am ready to not NOT turn to the Lord for everything in my life.
I am ready to be joyful
I am ready to be full of peace and love that only comes from Him.

Why not live this way!?

Alive and Thirsty

10 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry about your friend. life is so incredibly precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia. I'm so sorry for your friend. THANK YOU so much for this post. I so needed to read this today. God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how awful! Praying for you and her family and friends! So wonderful to have hope in Jesus, that we can look up after things like these because we have Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is so precious. Thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great words...something to dwell on for sure..thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow. Young life is how i met the Lord and I was a YL leader for almost 2 years before I stopped to be a wife and Mom.

    I am praying.

    what wonderful words. I love how you said "reckless obedience."
    I think that is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for this inspiring and uplifting post! i know i have the same tendencies to be shy and timid and to want to stay home and i'm really trying to overcome those things and live a fuller life, as God intended.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for your kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so, so sorry to hear that Olivia. Thank you for sharing her story and reminding us that life is so precious and should never be taken for granted. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the small things. We should all just be happy to be healthy and alive and cherish every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails