Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2 things I love around my home

Playing along with Amanda today at the Newelly-Weds and looking around my house for things I love..  I feel like I have so many but I really want to pick 2 for now (I have trouble with these kinds of games.. I never want to play 'Would you Rather?' because it always just feels too real and committing) ... SO today:

1. My inspiration board in my laundryroom. In an attemtpt to spruce up my boring, white laundry room and having this old bulliten board from middle school... I put this together. Maggie, one of my best friends and I, love collaging- we've spent HOURS cutting things out of magazines and making journals, books, cards, inspiration pages. It is still something I love to do but I always seem to just tear things out of magazines and do nothing with them. This was my "doing something with them" :

2. I'm not totally sure why but I am loving this right now. The chest is from Brian's grandma and I love it. It's the place I keep all of my decor that I'm not using (something I think I got from my mom) -- vases, shelves, candles etc.  The lamp I love and had it all throughout college, the vase my friend Jenna and I bought in college on a Target raid, the candle sticks are from my dad's best friends, a gift for our wedding. The big picture is from our engagement shoot that Brian had framed as a Valentine's gift last year and the small frame is engraved from my dear friend Amanda (who was my intern in the dining hall when I was on work crew) and her husband Matt, with our wedding date.

Thanks Amanda for that fun game :) Who else wants to play!? Post yours to Kassi's page

p.s. It's 6:36 and still light outside: I am really enjoying this!!!! I just cut flowers from our yard and put them all around our house! YAY

3 comments:

  1. your house is so grown up and pretty. i love kassi's 2 things post so im checking out everyone elses:)
    brandi from
    http://muchomuchobuenobueno.blogspot.com/2010/03/give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that chest/cabinet! and i love the vase on it... so pretty. i cute out pages from magazines too and post them to my inspiration board over my desk... i love saving magazines but don't have the room so i just go through them and tear out my favorite pages.
    thanks so much for playing along today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails