Sunday, March 21, 2010

favorite people

My husband and my sister are my best friends. They are 2 of the greatest people that I know. I love when I realize how young we are; there is so much life ahead of us, we get to have so many years together with our families and I can't wait. I am excited for her and her husband to live close to us, for our kids to get to go to Sunday school together, for Brian and her husband to be best friends and to get to grow and love and support each other for the rest of our lives.

I feel so grateful and blessed to have a sister who lives life like I like to live it as I realize how different we could be if we didn't both love the Lord and how much harder that would make our relationship and our future. It was my freshman year of college when I really realized how important having a sister was, how special and how blessed I am. She HAS to be my best friend, she has to love me no matter what, she has to be there for me, she has to help me raise my kids, she has to let me borrow her clothes.  (I realize she doesn't have to but I'm the only sister she has too so she has no other choice if she wants the same in return) . Friends will come and go (hopefully not all but some) but a sister is forever. I always tell Brian that I hope we can have 2 girls so that they understand the bond 2 sisters can have. I realize that my sister and I really get to experience all of this because of Jesus and what He has done in both of our lives to let us be on the same page, and THAT is why I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails