Wednesday, March 3, 2010

the God I know

this article is so interesting. This is the kind of power that I wish was prominent in the thinking of everyone today. This is what I want everyone to hear and to understand. If anyone actually read the Gospel's and got to know Jesus before they even had a relationship with him- they would want one. It's NOT about religion- God hates religion and the old law. He wants a relationship. He loves us and desires us to be in a friendship with him. THAT'S IT. It is the best offer there could ever be, someone to love you unconditionally.. I don't understand why anyone would want to turn that away. It's not about rules, its not about heaven or hell, its not about "free will" or not, its not about trying to be perfect or cleaning up your life for him. He cleans up your life because he loves you. It's the best life and gift there could ever be.

1 comment:

  1. I found this article, and your post, rather refreshing. I have to agree with everything said, and in a sense it's why I've gone away from organized religion. In all the years I've gotten to "know" the Catholic church I find it extremely hard to accept their doctrines and dogmas because of the fact that I do not believe that in today's age Christ would accept them.

    It's in my honest opinion that if we are to live as Jesus Christ then we must act like Jesus Christ - selfless and all loving. I look at religion the way I look at everything else - with an open mind. I think that is truly how one must look at religion to see what it's for.

    I believe strongly in Christ and what he did for us. However, I don't go to church purely for the fact that they do not accept everyone for who they are. I will not accept that. In my opinion Christ would not accept that.

    I find that as I get older I'm becoming more and more spiritual, but not religious.

    I pray almost everyday. I pray to God, I pray to the people around me, and I pray to Christ. I don't sit in a building praying to a cross. That's not how I see it. If I want a relationship with Christ/God then I will have one. I don't need someone telling me that this is what I have to do in order to have that relationship.

    I don't really believe in Hell, but I certainly do believe in Heaven, and if that is what I have to look forward to when I die, then I will do everything in my power to make sure I get there.

    This response has turned out to be a lot longer than I thought it was going to be, but I love topics like this because it really is something that I've been thinking about lately, and it's really refreshing to see someone my own age with thoughts like this. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails