Friday, April 23, 2010

new creation

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come.

what great news. When we begin our realtionship with Him this gets to happen. We truly are a new person, with a new heart. The Holy Spirit enters our life and our heart and now lives in us.

I was chatting with some of my high school friends about how we think this needs to happen twice. One time it happens because Christ does it for us. We ask him into our hearts, we accept our need for Him, belive that He is the Son of God and commit to walking with him, outcome: new creation. We look different, our sins are forgiven, we act different, we want different things.

The other part, in our opinion, is that we need to continue to come to Him daily to become an even newer creation. Parts of the old you are still there and can creep back up at times. We have scars on our hearts from old hurts, we have brokeness that happened before we met Christ or before we were walking with him. Step 2 is healing. Major, major healing. This looks different for all of us. Crucial, I think, to feeling like a new creation a few years into our walks. We need to ask God into the deeper parts of our heart that we have locks on. He wants in there but we won't let him. We have to open up so that He can come in and clean out the rest of that junk that we wouldn't let Him have the first time.

I am SO grateful for my Savior. He makes me a better person every single day that I seek Him. He waits for me everyday for this.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are not scared to talk about your faith on here. Thanks for the encouragement.

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing
    www.twilasvintageclothing.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! If you are just stopping by I would love for you to become a follower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails